Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

i'll make this short, maybe not.

Quick update. I re-did the Ely Poster. Or rather, i revised it. Fixed some of the lettering, brought out the texture more and fixed the hands to make them a little more feminine and less like amorphous blobby things. Also changed the coloring a little. Not sure if thats for the better or worse. You can decide that for yourself.


Next is something i finished a while ago but haven't gotten around to posting. You know how artists are, so scatterbrained. This is the first Ely piece that I did. The O. Henry book cover. I'm extremely happy with it and thats probably the last time anyone will ever hear me say that about one of my pieces. The Dorothy Parker book cover on the other hand... well It's been a struggle to say the least. anyway, here it is

I'm incredibly pleased with how this turned out and I wish I could say the other pieces are coming together just as well. Hopefully this weekend I can get them all sorted out and have something new to post.

Heres a link to a short story by O. Henry. Everyone (or most people) know the story of "The Gift of the Magi" which my cover is based on so instead I thought I leave a link to my favorite O. Henry story.

http://www.literaturecollection.com/a/o_henry/38/

I'm constantly amazed by the endings to his stories and this one gave me hope that there is such a thing as destiny. (as cheesy as that may sound)

No comments:

Post a Comment